torstai 13. helmikuuta 2020

The Last of the Ulgumgi

Greetings!

A while ago I managed to finish all the remaining units I had planned for my Ulgumgi army: two new heroes, 10 Huntsmen and 5 Fenrir Riders. With them done, I have finished yet another army project of mine.

Here are some pretty photos of the newcomers!

Groupshot of the reinforcements. The typical rust-and-leather look of the Ulgumgi is evident in these chaps as well, and the red gems on their bases tie them nicely into the rest of the army.


Ulgumgi Huntsmen, the last 10 I had enough Empire Archer bits left to assemble. I really love this kit and was happy I could order three of them before it went out of production, as now this amazing box will display its contents in my Ulgumgi army for the rest of eternity.

The painjob on these is nothing special, just the style I have going for the entire force. I gave everyone arrows if they seemed like they were shooting one, and added empty scabbards to those with a blade in their hand. A nice little touch of authenticity, I think!

Here are the two new Ulgumgi Thegns I still wanted to add to the army. Both are from the Hasslefree Miniatures' Fantasy Humans range, and I really like both of the sculpts (especially that Ragnar Lothbrok stunt-double). Lots of leather and rust on these as well, but I left their mail hauberks largely unrusted, showing their personal wealth and dedication to their trade. They'll be leading my Ulgumgi into battle in the upcoming map campaign!

Then, the Fenrir Riders. These are Empire Knight and High Elf Silver Helm bodies coupled with Empire/Undead/Beastmen shields and some Flagellant bits, mounted on Warhammer 40k Fenrisian Wolves. I personally love how they turned out; I'll be using them as Wild Riders in the Living City allegiance I use for my Ulgumgi.

To wrap this all up, here are some extra photos for you to enjoy. I'll return soon with more info on the map campaign: until then!





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti