sunnuntai 15. heinäkuuta 2018

Medieval Muster

Greetings!

I thought that in between my many battle reports and maps you'd like to see how I'm doing on the painting table these days. Recently I've been hammering out my Svedonnia collection as there's a narrative map campaign coming up for them, and I need as many of them as possible to defend their homeland. Yes, the campaign is supposed to take place on Svedonnian soil!

Here are some units I've managed to paint up in a couple of weeks:


A Damsel and an Enchantress (which is actually just a mounted Damsel with a glued-on horn) ready to bestow protection upon the valiant knights of Svedonnia. To make them stand out from the crowd I took time to make their colours more magical/brighter than the rest of the army, to mark their position high above the mere mortals trudging in the mud with a sword in hand. I really liked painting their hair, though, as it gave me an opportunity to use some stronger colours in contrast to the dominant blue.



Svedonnian Lord on Pegasus. Armed with a Relic Blade and carrying a Ducal Shield, this fellow is essential in ensuring that my knights reach the fight as soon as possible. Thanks to the newest edition of Age of Sigmar he can now use his Command Ability even if he isn't the army's general!


Sacred Protector, formerly known as the Green Knight. I tried to go with earthen tones for this one, making him look more like a mysterious forest-being than a mortal man riding around in green. His sudden charges from the mists of the battlefield are sure to cause mayhem in the enemy ranks.


Questing Knights. After carving away the shield-hands on some Knights of the Realm I stuffed them full of bits, pieces and two-handed greatswords from Freeguild Guard, Militia and Greatsword kits. I think they turned out alright. These wandering bastards will be lopping off heads from some would-be invaders soon enough!


Last, and definitely least, 16 Peasant Bowmen. Now I have a grand total of 32 Bowmen at my disposal, who in the best case scenario will be able to spew out 129 shots in one go. They're not that great with 5+ To Hit and 4+ To Wound (re-rolling ones), not to mention that they only get the extra attacks once per battle, but their range is respectable and they certainly have a role in harassing the enemy.

As Bretonnia doesn't even have its own Allegiance, I can still easily play them as a generic Order army and drop in a Celestial Hurricanum to provide some hitting bonuses and mortal wounds that this army inherently lacks.


Finally, a little breeze from the past. Above you can see one of my very first Warhammer miniatures, a lone Wood Elf, beside the Noble Champion of my Svedonnia force. There has definitely been some progress in my painting skills over the years.

I have learned to apply a fifth colour to my models.





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti