sunnuntai 19. heinäkuuta 2015

Its not Dwarves but its something...

Hi!

After this unfortunate two-month break I'm happy to introduce you my meagre progress on my miniatures... And they're not even Dwarves :/

I just finished 5 Greatswords for my Empire army. Those guys have veen around for years! Now I finally have a full regiment of 20 Greatswords ready for battle.

I also finished the changing of my knights' color scheme. They were originally 8 Reiksguard knights, but for some reason I had turned three of them black at some point in history! As I had even varnished them already, I had no choice but to finish what I had started. Enjoy my new Knighty Order, the Tims of the Night! :P

I have been following the resent changes in Warhammer hobby for the past few months with care. I really didn't like the End Times, I never even touched it, but now that the Age of Sigmar is out and rolling I'm exited!
I read the Warscrolls as soon as they came out, and I've played two games with them already. I have only positive things to say about AoS, except that I dislike the new "Sigmarine" models and the lore is kinda weird. Oh well, you can't have it all.

The lack of balance system doesn't bother me. Its all the more gentlemanly game now, and the quicker rules and lack of army lists make it possible to have very narrative and fluffy pickup games at our local club! Its not about who wins and who loses any more, without a try-hard balancing system (that never works perfectly no matter how hard you try) the games are all about the joy of playing the game itself. No more teeth-grinding point to point "balanced" Pitched Battles that seek to determine the winner as accurately as possible. And besides, Bretonnians and Beastmen finally got some fresh rules!

That's all for tonight, I'll see if I can get some Dwarves done next week :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti