tiistai 27. elokuuta 2019

Painthammer Quest: Layers over Hammerhal

Greetings!

Since I got a colleague of mine into trying out Warhammer Quest: Shadows over Hammerhal a while back, I decided to see throught the painting of the box's miniatures. So here comes a collection of painted heroes, adversaries and the big baddie!



Here are the game's default Heroes, although I can easily use a plethora of other miniatures as well, having bought the Hero Card expansiot set along with the boxed game.

From left to right we have: Loremaster, Cogsmith, Lord-Castellant, Gryph-Hound and Black Ark Fleetmaster. I chose to paint each of them differently than any armies I might have of the same faction, just to set them apart. Pretty happy with how they turned out, although the paintjob was on the speedier side to get them ready for play as soon as possible.


As I have yet to take good photos of the Bloodreavers and the Blightkings, I present you with the Kairic Acolytes here and now! I went for a Chaos God -specific theme with every type of adversary, and these Tzeenthian baddies got the colour blue. Instead of simple blue-and-gold as I had first planned, I went for a more exotic theme: stormhost silver with three layers of Soulstone Blue technical paint on top of it. Gemstone and silver - always classy.

I also painted sandstone flagstones on the bases of the box's models, to make them look like they're actually running in the catacombs beneath the Twin-Tailed City!


Finally we get to the ultimate evil, the Chaos Sorcerer that acts as the mastermind behind the evil schemes under the streets of Hammerhal. Being a Slaaneshi mage, I gave him some warmer colours to to honour his chosen deity. I ran a test on his armour as well: I wanted to give him a shiny black armour, much like he one you can find Greatswords wearing in older Empire armybooks from the Fantasy Battles -era. I went with Abaddon black and Ardcoat Technical, and it worked like a charm! Now our little sorcerer's got a shiny set of plates protecting him from the Heroes' violent attentions.

I'll leave and extra pic of the Acolytes here right at the end. I'll add the Reavers and the Blightkings down here once I get them standing still in front of the camera.







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti