maanantai 4. maaliskuuta 2019

Tales of Instahammer: February

Greetings!

February has come and gone, and my Ulgumgi army has obtained some vanguard units to bolster its numbers.

First of all, I added a unit of Ash-Revenants: vengeful souls of incinerated Freeguild Greatswords from the Battle of Twinpoints that have been trapped in the Ulgu forests for decades.

Secondly, I added a Myrkrvollr Shade: an Ulgumgi assassin that stalks the shadowy paths crisscrossing the woodlands of Ulgu, striking down unsuspecting travellers and nosy intruders.


For the Ash-Revenants I used a kit of Tree-Revenants, mixing in some Greatsword heads and a bunch of appropriately-sized zweihanders. I also gave the unit champion a Freeguild Militia halberd to represent his Protector's Glaive.

I went for a simple ashen look for the wood, with the blue spirit of the slain men sticking out of them and creating a cold atmosphere overall. Then I added some red gems for their bases and painted their leaves red, creating something brighter to make the miniatures "pop". The rusty weapons were a ton of fun to do: I think I'm finally getting a hang of how to use Typhus Corrosion!

Then I have the Myrkrvollr Shade. He's a mini from Reaper Miniatures, called "a kneeling man with a dagger" I think. Very simple, yet very fitting for my army's theme! I will be running my Ulgumgi as a mixed Order army, with Grand Alliance traits and artefacts to maintain maximum flexibility.

This model will be an Assassin, hiding outside the table until leaping out and stabbing an enemy hero dead with his Obstinate Blade! (for that extra Rend)

Here's my entire Ulgumgi army as of the end of February:


Here are some more pics of the new units from slightly different angles. The March Tales of Instahammer Challenge will be adding more models and battleline units to the army, so expect more Huntsmen and Hirdmen joining the ranks! ;)



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti