keskiviikko 1. kesäkuuta 2016

May Community Painting Project

Hey there!

I loved the /r/ageofsigmar Community Painting Project in April so much that I attended the next one too, with the focus on units this time.

I signed up with a unit of 5 Marauder Horsemen from my Slaves to Darkness warband and here they are, barely finished on the last day of the project:
Very enjoyable chaps to paint, these old Horsemen models. With plastic horses and men of metal (heh) they have the sufficient weight to make you feel comfortable and still remain light enough to push around without too much worries.

For the colours I chose the blue, purple and bone that I use across all my Tzeentch-dedicated Slaves to Darkness models, applied in many layers with washes in between.
Who doesn't like blonde barbarian raiders?
Just look at those muscled backs and arms. My absolute favorite parts to paint on these models! 
What I hate doing is the edge highlights on their armour, although it makes them look nicer in the end...
My entire Chaos army is currently standing on blank black bases, but I'm planning to use this tundra-like theme on them all as soon as I find the time and motivation to do so. Dark ground with patches of snow and yellowed grass. I like it!

That's about it for this painting project, I'm already looking forward to the next one. Really helps me get my heaps of models finally painted. Soon I'll show you a speed-painting technique I've created for my horde of 30 Marauders, 'till then!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti